Whilst using one of our smaller UAV's the Phantom 4 RTK. We struggled to figure out the simplest way to connect to our Trimble R12's to be used as a base for RTK corrections.
After a bit of trial and error we came up with this procedure to follow, which as it turns out is actually quite simple!
- Turn on the R12 and connect to its WIFI from the DJI controller
- Get the R12's IP address
- Exit to main screen and go back to settings
- Apply to All – Open Browser – Navigate to IP address
- Username = admin
- Password = should either be "password" or R12_serial# (e.g. R12_6012F00704)
- Hit "Show Classic Webgui" at top of screen
- Check Receiver Status – Position, Satellites
- Receiver Configuration – Antenna
- Input antenna height – OK
- Reference Station – Here
- Edit Coordinates with Observed values from point R12's set up over – OK
- I/O Configuration – Port Configuration
- Change 1st dropdown menu to NTripCaster1
- Identifier = RTCM32
- Country = AUS
- Mount Point = RTCM32MP
- RTCM = Enabled – Version = 3.2
- Ensure NTrip Caster1 output = RTCM.V3
Once all that's set you're ready for take off!
- Click “ · · · ” at top right
- Check RTK is turned ON
- NTRIPHost = R12's IP address
- Port = 2101
- User = (same as before) admin
- Password = (same as before) "password" or R12_serial# (e.g. R12_6012F00704)
- Mountpoint = RTCM32MP
I hope you find this useful!